Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Am I a Result of TV?

My generation has grown up with a television in every household.  My parents make this evident when they tell me the home television was the ultimate babysitter.  I would even go as far to say that television has molded my overal presentation and my way of knowing the newest fads.   When i was younger I knew what toy I wanted the most on my birthday because it was the latest commercial I saw.  Even now I may be sitting down to enjoy my favorite television show and think an actress's hairstyle is sexy and may want to try to dublicate it.  People don't usually percieve me as a follower or even fashionable but even subconciously I may follow trends and common ideal behavior for the young and the beautiful that I watch on television.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think the programs themselves had more of an impact, or the commercials between the programs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would agree that TV has a large influence on just about everyone. It's almost as if we are not to be without it at anytime during our waking hours (and even when we are sleeping, if the TV is left on to lull us to sleep). I am thinking of the current commercials from Netflix that show the veiwer watching a movie and being able to pause the movie in one room and then start it again in another room; or that "Good Morning America" TV program is shown in Times Square on a huge jumbo-tron screen so that all people outside the studio can watch the program. How can TV not have an affect on us when it's everywhere.

    ReplyDelete